The Muscle Clinic is based at Millfields Trust HQ Business Centre in Plymouth City Centre.
Room 20, Millfields Trust HQ Business Centre, 237 Union St, Plymouth PL1 3HQ
If you are driving from Plymouth city centre along Union Street, turn left immediately before Lidl (not Aldi) and left again into the carpark of HQ Business Centre. HQ is the large grey building set back from the road. It is next to the brand new ‘Genesis’ building.
There is visitor parking along the front of the building. Enter the building via reception and sign in your car. There is a comfortable seating area and we will come down to greet you when it’s time for your appointment.
If you are arriving after 5pm or on a Saturday, there will be no-one on the desk, but please wait in the reception area, or by the door and we will come to meet you.
Room 20 Millfields Trust, HQ Business Centre, 237 Union St, Plymouth PL1 3HQ
Where to Park
There is free car parking and a bicycle lock-up for patients of The Muscle Clinic in the HQ Business Centre carpark at the front of the building.
There is a Disabled parking space in the carpark. Our room is on the first floor and the is a lift available. Please let us know when you make your appointment if you will need to use these.
Covid-19 Safeguarding – PLEASE READ
We’re ready to welcome you back to the Muscle Clinic. We have made some changes in order to reduce the risk of any spread, to look after your welfare and ours, and to comply with Government Guidance.
- When you make your booking, and when you arrive at the appointment, we will ask whether you have any symptoms of Covid-19, have been asked to self-isolate, or have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (High temperature, new, continuous cough, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste), please get in touch to cancel your appointment.
- You cannot receive a treatment within 48 hours of your Covid vaccination.
- We are operating the NHS Test and Trace System and are required by law to collect the contact details of all people attending appointments.
- We will take a non contact temperature test on arrival.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival and when you leave.
- Towels and couch covers are washed at 60 degrees between each client.
- We are leaving a gap of one hour between each treatment to allow time for sanitising and ventilation of the room.
- It is a requirement in UK law that everybody wears a face covering indoors unless exempt.
- We have received both Covid vaccinations and are taking a lateral flow test twice weekly.
- Contactless payment is available up to £45.
- Every Friday between the hours of 19:30-20:00pm, the cleaners will spray Rapid -10, (antiviral spray) in the communal areas (all touchpoints, including toilets and kitchens) at HQ.
Daytime and evening appointments are available, Tuesday – Saturday.
We usually take payment at the appointment and can accept major debit and credit cards or cash. If you wish to pay in advance you can do so via Paypal by purchasing a gift voucher. Just let us know if you don’t need the voucher to actually be sent out.
What to Expect
The therapist will respect the patient’s modesty at all times. The patient is covered with towels, which are turned back to reveal only the area to be massaged.
Appointment length includes consultation, treatment, and dressing.
Eating and drinking
It’s not advisable to eat a heavy meal or drink alcohol or too much caffeine in the hours preceding the treatment. It is a good idea to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated after your treatment.
You cannot receive a massage if you have a temperature or are feeling unwell.
You cannot receive a massage if you are intoxicated.
Inappropriate behaviour or remarks will not be tolerated and will result in the immediate termination of the treatment.
We require 24 hours notice for cancellations. If you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment, you will be required to pay.
You must be 18 years of age or older to receive treatments without approval or must be accompanied by an adult.